Why Buy a Hot Tub?
If you’ve been dreaming of buying a hot tub, you may be wondering if it’s an investment you can justify. Sure, you can live without one, but the benefits of owning a hot tub can’t be denied. After a grueling day on the job, a long soak in a steaming hot tub is the perfect way to relax and unwind. At H2Oasis, we’ve seen firsthand the many advantages adding a hot tub to your North Dakota home can offer you, your family and your friends.
Is a Hot Tub for You?
Of course, there are some instances in which individuals should avoid hot tub use, such as anyone dealing with heart issues, children under 10 years of age, pregnant woman, etc. Consult your doctor for more information about whether you should avoid hot tub use.
Hot Tubs Improve Your Health & Your Life
While the benefits of owning a hot tub vary from person to person, in general, most healthy people find them to be a fantastic investment and often wish they hadn’t waited so long to purchase one. Some of these advantages include:
1) Convenience: Owning a hot tub allows you to soak in it on your schedule. You won’t have to plan around the gym’s hours of operation, pack a towel and suit, start up the vehicle and drive there. Any time, day or night, season after season, you can slip into the warm comfort of your in-home oasis!
2) Safety: When you own your own hot tub, you are in full control of who uses it and how they treat it. Commercial and community hot tubs serve a purpose, but you never really know who you’ll be sharing the water with!
3) Reduced Stress: Stress can take a toll on your physical, emotional and mental health, and anything you can do to reduce it will improve your life. The messaging action of a hot tub’s jets, combined with the warmth of the water, will release built-up tension in your muscles and help you relax.
4) Improved Circulation: There are a number of medications your doctor may prescribe to improve poor circulation. While soaking in a hot tub won’t permanently fix your circulation issues, it may offer temporary improvements that will help you get through the day or night. Heated hydrotherapy opens blood vessels, which increases blood flow, reduces blood pressure and decreases fatigue, pain, and even numbness.
5) Better Sleep: Often, individuals who suffer from insomnia due to restless leg syndrome find that soaking in a hot tub an hour or so before going to bed helps to calm this reaction and promotes good, restful sleep.
6) Reduce Pain: Individuals often have hot tubs installed in their homes to help naturally manage pain and inflammation due to problems such as arthritis. Whether due to an injury or an autoimmune issue, joint pain in your neck, shoulders, knees or hips can have a big effect on your life. Hot tubs provide a combination of heat and massage therapy that greatly reduces arthritis pain for many people.
7) Weight Loss: A small study posted on Taylor & Francis Online showed that participants who sank waist-deep in heated water for an hour experienced a calorie burn that matched that of exercising for a half-hour. Of course, soaking in your hot tub can’t replace a regular exercise regimen, but it is a great complement to it.
8) Entertainment: Owning a hot tub spa is a great way to spend time with friends and family. Interesting conversations seem to naturally flow when the kids set their phones aside and hop in the water. A Friday night spent over cold drinks with warm friends in a hot tub is the perfect way to create lasting memories. Whether you’re planning a romantic evening with your spouse or a party for a large group, a hot tub is central to a good time!
We’re North Dakota’s Premier Spa & Hot Tub Dealer
The staff at H2Oasis has over 25 years of combined experience. We provide professional hot tub sales, installation and service throughout North Dakota and the surrounding states. We don’t want to just sell you a product, we want you to take advantage of the many benefits of owning a hot tub. Call H2Oasis today to learn more!